Over the past three years, there’s been a huge increase in violent crime and loss of respect for the law. We need the Liberal Nationals’ solutions to help make our homes and streets safe.
From 2014 to 2017, home invasions across Whitehorse and Boroondara have increased by more than 67 per cent, assaults by more than 25 per cent, and motor vehicle thefts by more than 38 per cent.
The soft on crime approach has got to end.
These are some of the solutions the Liberal Nationals team are committed to introduce that will help make our streets and homes safe again –
- Strong minimum sentences for repeat violent offending, including home invasion, carjacking and armed robbery
- One strike law for bail breaches
- Deport violent criminals who are not citizens
- End concurrent sentences for offences committed on bail or parole
- Bail breach offences to apply to juveniles
- Reinstate Neighbourhood Watch funding
- Sex Offenders Public Register
- More support for victims of crime
- Police shopfronts in major shopping centres
- Re-establish Police in Schools program
- Mobile security cameras and other crime prevention initiatives
- Compulsory drug and alcohol treatment for addicted young offenders.
For further details, and a full list of all of the Liberal Nationals’ crime solutions, see Making Victoria Safe – Solutions.