For assistance on any issue to do with State government, see how Robert can help or contact us

If you’re not sure what level of government your issue is involved with, just ask, and if your issue involves national or local government, we’ll be happy to put in you in touch with the right person or office.

If an organisation you are involved with is looking for a grant to assist with a project or activity, or if you or someone you know may be eligible for a government grant, scholarship or other financial assistance, see our grants page or contact our office for advice.

We also have a directory page for contact details for various organisations and sites that may assist you.


  • Robert is available to help people and community groups in the Box Hill electorate with anything involving the Victorian government.

    Robert or his office can:

    • Recommend the right organisation to contact for the service, support or information you need
    • Provide or track down government leaflets, brochures, forms or other documents
    • Organise congratulatory messages for significant birthdays and anniversaries
    • Present Victorian flags to schools and community organisations
    • Provide talks to school assemblies and classes, and to community organisations, about how Parliament and government works
    • Help schools and community organisations to visit and tour Parliament House
    • Advise on whether a grant might be available for a particular project or activity, and how to apply
    • Provide support for worthwhile local projects
    • Provide advice when you have a problem or issue involving a State government department and agency
    • Ask the relevant Minister to act if a department or agency has not done the right thing or where a law needs to be changed
    • Raise issues in Parliament when the government won’t listen
    • Help you to refer an issue to an Ombudsman or other complaint handling body
    • Refer or raise issues on your behalf with a Federal MP or a local council if the issue is a Commonwealth or local government one.

    Robert can organise congratulatory messages from the Prime Minister, Governor, Governor-General and/or the Queen for:

    • 90th birthdays
    • 100th birthdays
    • 50th (golden) wedding anniversaries
    • 60th (diamond) wedding anniversaries
    • 65th wedding anniversaries
    • 70th wedding anniversaries

    There’s a helpful guide to congratulatory messages and what’s needed to arrange them at http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/anniversary/index.cfm

    To obtain Robert’s help to organise congratulatory messages for a loved one, contact us at least six weeks before the special day to ensure they arrive on time.

    It’s often not easy to work out which level of government is responsible for what, but here’s a quick guide to common areas:

    Commonwealth (Australian Government): immigration and passports, pensions and most benefits, foreign affairs and trade, defence, income tax and GST. See www.australia.gov.au

    State: schools, hospitals, health services, public transport, main roads, police, sheriff, consumer affairs, child protection, most disability services, Transport Accident Commission, State Trustees, public housing, occupational health and safety, planning laws, environmental protection, payroll tax, land tax and stamp duty. See www.vic.gov.au

    Local: local roads and footpaths, parks and sporting facilities, garbage collection and recycling, health inspection, maternal and child health, senior citizens centres, planning and building permits and regulations, neighbourhood houses and community centres, local laws and municipal rates. See www.boroondara.vic.gov.au or www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au

    If you’re not sure whether or not an issue is one on which Robert or his office can help, just ask. If we’re not able to help, we’ll try to put you in touch with someone who can.

    For whatever assistance you are seeking, call us on 9898 6606, drop in to the office at 24 Rutland Road, Box Hill 3128, email Robert at robert.clark@parliament.vic.gov.au or use our contact form.

  • There are many organisations willing to help a good cause – not just governments, but also community organisations, trust and charities.

    If an organisation you are involved with is looking for a grant to assist with a project or activity, or if you or someone you know is looking for a grant, scholarship or similar financial assistance to help with a good cause, this page may help you find out.

    If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, contact our office. We may be able to provide some further suggestions or assistance.

    Below are details of some of the organisations that regularly provide grants, scholarships and other assistance for good causes, as well as details of grants and scholarships that are or have been available in recent times.

    Grants Victoria

    Grants Victoria

    A Victorian Government directory you can search for government grants and assistance available in Victoria.

    It shows community, education, legal and business grants or financial assistance.

    It also lists Victorian government assistance available for people in need, such as concessions, goods or funds.

    Local infrastructure grants

    Local infrastructure grantsThis site gives details of grants available for sporting, boating and other local community infrastructure.





    Vichealth provides a wide range of grants for sporting and other projects that promote a healthy lifestyle, as well as a number of research grants.


    Business Grant Finder

    Business Grant Finder

    This Commonwealth Government site helps you find the grants and assistance programs most relevant to your business, whether from Commonwealth, State or local government.

    Local Sporting Champion Grants - Blackburn

    Applications are open for the latest round of the Local Sporting Champions program.

    This is a Commonwealth Government initiative designed to provide financial assistance for young people aged 12-18 towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment when competing, coaching or officiating at an official national sporting organisation (NSO) endorsed state, national or international sporting championships or a School Sport Australia state or national championships.

    Applications close on 30 June 2016. For more information, see Local Sporting Champions.

    (Image courtesy of the Blackburn Football Club)

    Whitehorse Road and Station Streets, Box Hill

    Applications are now open for Community Heritage Grants from the Commonwealth government. This program provides grants of up to $15,000 to community organisations such as libraries, archives, museums, genealogical and historical societies, multicultural and indigenous groups.

    The grants are provided to assist with the preservation of locally owned, but nationally significant collections of materials that are publicly accessible.  These can include artefacts, letters, diaries, maps, photographs, and audio visual material.

    Applications close on 9 May. For more information, see the National Library of Australia website. 

    (Pictured is the Railway Hotel on the corner of Whitehorse Road and Station Street sometime between 1911-1921. Image is courtesy of the Box Hill Historical Society.)

    Safer Streets grants

    Applications for grants under the Commonwealth government’s Safer Streets program are open until 17 February.

    These grants are a great opportunity for community groups and councils to obtain funding for local safety initiatives such as CCTV, better lighting and graffiti removal.

     With the State Labor government not renewing many of the State Coalition government’s community safety grant initiatives, this is one of the limited sources of funding still available.

    For more, see the media release by my fellow MP, Michael Sukkar, Member for Deakin, and the application form and other details at Proceeds of Crime Act on the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s department web site.

    Crime Prevention Grants

    The current Labor government has extended some of the previous Liberal-Nationals government’s crime prevention grants for a 12 month period.  These include

    1. Community Safety Fund grants, where grants of up to $10,000 can be made to public halls and buildings to improve security and encourage community participation. In previous rounds, scout halls, neighbourhood halls and a range of other facilities have used this grant scheme to improve lighting, security systems, external fencing and the like.  Applications close on Friday 10 July.

    2. Public Safety Infrastructure Fund grants, where applications must be in by Friday 21 August. This scheme is open to local councils and can fund infrastructure upgrades to a maximum of $250,000. In the past this grants scheme has been used to deploy CCTV systems across Victoria and to upgrade community parks with Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles.

    I encourage local community organisations and councils to apply for one of these grants.

    For further information visit http://www.crimeprevention.vic.gov.au/home/our+grants/

    Box Hill City Band 1955

    The National Library of Australia is calling for applications for the 2015 Community Heritage Grants.

    The grants of up to $15,000 are available to community groups around the country to help preserve and manage locally held, but nationally significant collections of materials that are publicly accessible including artefacts, letters, diaries, maps, photographs, and audio visual material. Projects supported include significance assessments, preservation needs assessments, conservation activities and collection management.

    Applications should be submitted online at www.nla.gov.au/chg by Friday 1 May 2015 at 5 pm (AEST). Grant guidelines and the application form are available at: nla.gov.au/chg/guidelines.

    Image (circa 1955) courtesy of the Box Hill City Band.

  • 24 Hour Assistance
    Commonwealth Government
    Health and Community Services
    Local Federal MPs
    Local Councils
    Safety and Emergencies
    State Government
    Victorian Parliament
    Other Useful Contacts


    24 Hour Assistance

    Emergency – Police, Fire or Ambulance
    000 or (on mobiles) 112

    Nurse on Call
    1300 606 024

    Poisons Information
    131 126

    SES Flood & Storm
    1300 842 737

    VicRoads Emergency
    131 170

    131 114

    Directline Alcohol & Drug Help
    1800 888 236

    Centre against Sexual Assault (CASA)
    1800 806 292

    Kids Help Line
    1800 55 1800

    Gas emergencies & leaks
    13 27 71

    1300 308 307

    Gamblers Help
    1800 858 858

    Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service
    1800 015 188

    Child First
    1300 783 341

    Child Protection
    131 278

    131 848

    Victorian Bushfire Info Line
    1800 240 667

    Commonwealth Government

    Australian Government directory and entry point

    ausgovEntry point to find Australian Government information. Also includes links to some state, territory and local government information


    Health and Community Services

    Alzheimers Australia
    Phone: 1800 100 500

    Asthma Foundation
    Phone: 9326 7088

    Arthritis Australia
    Phone: 1800 111 101

    Better Health Channel

    Beyond Blue (help with depression)
    Phone: 1300 224 636

    Breastscreen Victoria
    Phone: 13 20 50

    Cancer Council of Victoria
    Phone: 13 11 20

    Diabetes Victoria
    Phone: 1300 136 588
    Email: mail@diabetesvic.org.au

    Go for your life
    Phone: 1300 73 98 99

    Heart Foundation
    Phone: 9329 8511

    Nurse on Call
    Phone: 1300 60 60 24

    Local Federal MPs

    Hon Josh Frydenberg MP
    Member for Kooyong
    695 Burke Road, Camberwell VIC 3124
    Phone: 9882 3677

    Ms Anna Burke MP
    Member for Chisholm
    Level 1, 207 Blackburn Road, Syndal VIC 3149
    Phone: 9802 0566

    Mr Michael Sukkar MP
    Member for Deakin
    5/602 Whitehorse Road, Mitcham, VIC, 3132
    Phone: 9874 1711

    Local Councils

    City of Boroondara
    Phone: 9278 4444
    After hours emergencies: 9278 4444
    Postal address: Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124
    Customer Service:
    Camberwell office, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell
    Hawthorn Arts Centre, 360 Burwood Road, Hawthorn
    Kew Library, Cnr Cotham Road and Civic Drive

    City of Whitehorse
    Phone: 9262 6333
    Postal Address: Locked Bag 2, Nunawading Delivery Centre VIC 3131
    Customer Service:
    Whitehorse Civic Centre 379-397 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, weekdays 8.30am-5.30pm
    Forest Hill Service Centre Level 2, (T275), Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centre, Canterbury Road, Forest Hill, weekdays 9am-5pm, Saturday 9am-12pm
    Box Hill Service Centre Box Hill Town Hall, 1022 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, weekdays 9am-5pm.

    Safety and Emergencies

    (See also 24 Hour Assistance above)

    Emergency – Police, Fire or Ambulance
    000 or 112 (Mobile)

    Poisons Information
    131 126

    SES Flood & Storm
    1300 842 737

    VicRoads Emergency
    131 170

    State Government

    Victorian Government directory and entry point

    vicEntry point for a wide range of information about State government services and events.



    Victorian Parliament

    Other Useful Contacts

    Consumer Affairs Victoria
    Phone 1300 55 81 81

    Justices of the Peace
    Phone: 1300 365 567

    Victorian Ombudsman
    Phone: 9613 6222
    Email: ombudvic@ombudsman.vic.gov.au

  • To contact us, please see our contact details.